First Distribution and Oracle Launch the Oracle Partner HUB
Oracle, together with First Distribution, a Platinum level member in the Oracle Partner Network (OPN) and a value added distributor, have unveiled the Oracle Partner HUB in South Africa.
Located at Oracle’s offices in Woodmead, South Africa and being run on Oracle’s behalf by First Distribution, the Oracle Partner HUB provides a comprehensive portfolio of services to drive the growth of partner organisations and their business.
“As a value added distributor in South Africa, First Distribution strives to deliver best of breed, international standards into companies in Southern African. Offering our partners the ability to take part in the Oracle Partner HUB is another way of bringing excellence into our partner base. Collaborating with Oracle on this launch , helps further our commitment to delivering expertise for our partners,” said Debbie Abrahall, Managing Director for First Distribution.
The Partner Hub concept combines Oracle’s technical knowledge, professional services and marketing support to help ensure the best possible support for partners.
Oracle has been building an extensive partner network and partner support programme around the globe. In South Africa, collaboration with partner organisations is one of the essential pillars of Oracle’s success and the newly launched Partner HUB builds on this.
“We are delighted to be joining forces with our local partners First Distribution, to bring global best practices and business value to our partners in South Africa through the Oracle Partner HUB. Today’s launch reinforces our commitment to helping our partners drive value, become more efficient and knowledgeable and remain competitive,” added Stefan Diedericks, Alliance and Channel Director for Oracle South Africa.
Oracle Partner HUB integrates Oracle Partner Studio (space for demonstrations, meetings and marketing events), the Oracle Partner Academy (specialist trainings in Oracle software, hardware and engineered systems) and the Oracle ISV Migration Centre (technical support for migration to Oracle software) in one location.
The Oracle Partner Studio offers:
* The latest technology for trying out and demonstrating partner business solutions.
* An impressive location for partners to meet with customers and prospects to showcase their solutions running on Oracle. It is open to all partners who are members of Oracle Partner Network. The Oracle Partner Studio is available at no charge provided the partner delivers their committed revenue.
* Access to sales and marketing support from Oracle, including opportunities to participate in joint marketing campaigns and networking events.
* Solution areas that reflect key business functions – including personnel, accounting, financial reporting, sales, customer service, logistics, production, effective management and effective office areas.
* Access to the IT Manager’s club that meets regularly to address key IT related business issues.
The Oracle Partner Academy offers:
* Dedicated training and courses exclusive to Oracle partners. Leveraging these courses, partners can achieve ‘OPN Specialised’ status in order to demonstrate expertise, increase visibility and differentiate themselves from the competition.
* The full range of Oracle products and applications and has been designed with partners’ needs in mind. For example, short course durations allow partners to minimise their time away from the office. All the courses are delivered by professional trainers with experience in deploying Oracle solutions and products all over the world.
More benefits include:
* Experienced tutors with a track record in Oracle deployments.
* Small class sizes: 10 participants per course session.
* Discounts on training, delivering a rapid return on investment.
* A programme optimised to make optimum use of training time.
* Training on customised implementations relevant for delegates.
* Networking opportunities with other partners and Oracle experts.
The Oracle ISV Migration Centre supports ISV partners as they migrate solutions to Oracle, or when they upgrade solutions to take advantage of the latest Oracle technologies.
Expert advice is available free of charge and provided in a secure work environment that uses the latest technology and data centre grade equipment.
The Oracle ISV Migration Centre offers:
* Free migration and upgrade support for Oracle partners;
* Access to enablement resources to help Oracle ISV partners test and tune their applications on the latest Oracle products to achieve Oracle Exastack Ready status
* Free migration tools
* Free access to experienced consultants
* Labs equipped with the latest hardware technology